Mom...Lauren...here you go...I'm finally blogging again :)
I was going to say "Why I HATE winter, but I decided to soften it just a bit. Make no mistake, though, I have VERY STRONG feelings of dislike for the frosty season. I know not everyone would agree with me, but here are my reasons why...
1. It's freezing outside! (to me, that's really enough to make it bad, because I am terribly cold natured, but i have other reasons)
2. In keeping with number one...every muscle in my body tenses up, and being outside in the cold is simply an overall unpleasant experience (which saddens me deeply, because I LOVE being outside in warmer weather).
3. My hands are so dry they start to crack, and even though I apply lotion everyday, the lotion has a short lifespan, and so I have to constantly reapply.
4. When I head out the door for work in the morning (often already running behind) I behold the very upsetting sight of frosted windows on my car, which requires an additional several minutes to take care of, and by then I'm REALLY behind.
5. Winter clothes are more expensive.
6. It's much more trouble to get dressed for the winter, since I have to put on multiple layers each day and anytime I should set foot out the door.
7. Pipes sometimes freeze up. I got an official letter at my apartment yesterday instructing tenants on what to do if their is a "freeze" warning (aka keep the water dripping, so the pipes won't freeze-but that could make the water bill higher...just saying).
8. My power bill is higher. In the fall I don't even need air or heat, and I don't need much the in the other seasons, but in the winter, I HAVE to have heat and a good bit of it...hence a higher power bill and an unhappy Meghan :(
9. There generally aren't as many social activities. The outdoors are mostly restricted in the winter, which cuts down on the number of activities/parties/social gatherings going on and leads to more boredom.
10. Heaven help us all if it rains in the winter, because then it is REALLY REALLY cold...and wet :(
So I'm done ranting now ha. I have no doubt in my mind I could never live up north due to the ridiculous winters. But just to add a few positives to the negatives I will say I love Christmas, snow, and hot chocolate, so I can find a few good things in this frozen time of year :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

AMEN to this!!! Hurry up spring!
ReplyDelete