Friday, September 21, 2012

FAB FIVE IN MEMPHIS!!!!!




Seeing that this is Kelly’s 5th “Show Us Your Singles”, we decided to get the five of us together and join in on the FUN!  God brought us all together as none of us grew up in Memphis, but all moved to Memphis around the same time and met at church.   One of the fun things we learned, as we became friends was that we all followed “Kelly’s Korner” and have all been encouraged by Kelly’s posts.  One day, we hope to make a trip to Arkansas to have a Sonic Diet Coke with Kelly!

Although each one of us has a different calling in our lives, each of our desires is to find the man God’s has for us.  So we decided to do this blog post knowing the most important thing  is that God holds the plans for our life and know that God’s timing and plans are perfect!!!  So here it goes:


Kristin:   Mid 30s

1.              I love the Lord with all my heart, mind and soul!   My favorite verse is Proverbs 3:5-6 ”Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight.”  

2.              God has called me to be a Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurse where I am truly blessed to care for my patients and their families!  I get to rejoice with those that rejoice and mourn with those who mourn.  I am reminded every shift how precious life is and that each day we are given is truly a GIFT!


3.              Friends would describe me as fun-loving, lighthearted, do-anything-for-you, caring, compassionate and kind.

4.              I am truly blessed with a great family & friends and enjoying getting to spend time with them.  I love to travel and am always up for a new adventure. I enjoy watching sports, especially Jayhawk basketball & like working out to stay in shape.  I swam in college & joke about coming out of retirement for the 2016 Olympics! I love to bake sweet treats and an ice cold Diet Coke makes me smile.


5.              Fun Fact about myself:  I have been on ABC’s Extreme Makeover:  Home Edition and interviewed by Fox Sports Network…but don’t worry there is no full time acting career in my future!

 Meghan:   Late 20s

1.              Of all the things I value most, my relationship with Jesus comes first!  I can’t say enough about how much He means to me and how much He has helped me throughout my life.  

2.              I teach the DREADED public speaking class at a community college. I absolutely love my job and try to make it less intimidating for my students!


3.              Friends have described me as:  random, silly, open, compassionate, adventurous, and loyal, someone you can always count on.

4.              I am a beach girl though I do love the mountains too!  I’ll take any excuse   
to be outside, especially on a pretty day.  My favorite thing to do is spend time with my friends and the people I care about, but I also like to read, watch movies, play tennis, and watch Mississippi State sports!

5.              Fun fact: I have a yorkie named Baxter and he keeps me endlessly entertained.  Also, I hate condiments!


 Emily:   Late 20s

1. I'm an Arkansas girl, born and raised, who works in the pharmaceutical industry.  Before moving to Memphis, I attended the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville and graduated from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock, so most Saturdays in the fall, you will definitely hear me "Calling those HOGS!" or rooting on an SEC team. 

2.  I LOVE to TRAVEL!  I can be ready to go anywhere with a 24-hour notice, and I'm always up for a trip!  I love the beach (Although I may look like a girly girl, I recently swam with sharks in Hawaii!), but I also love skiing (I learned to ski in Banff, Alberta, Canada.)!!

3.  I enjoy laughing, trying new restaurants, going to concerts, and going to sporting events.  

4.  My friends and family would describe me as an All American girl who is undeniably a Christian, trustworthy, dependable, and always up for trying new and exciting activities.

5.  Fun Fact about me:  I LOVE ZUMBA at Lifetime Fitness! Although I may look like a total crazy girl doing the moves, it fits my active lifestyle, and I have a blast!

     Katie:   Late 20s

1.       Through all seasons of life, I have found that true joy can only come through Christ.  My life verse is “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4.

2.      Oncology patients are my heart!  I love my job as a nurse practitioner serving adults that are fighting for their lives due to cancer.  My precious patients are more of a blessing to me than I could ever be to them.

3.      My friends would say that I am compassionate, genuine, tender hearted, and dependable.

4.      I enjoy reading, scrapbooking, spoiling my sweet nephews, and hanging out with friends and family.

5.      My little cuddly shih-tzu, Dax, is spoiled rotten and loved dearly.  He would be devastated to know he’s not really human.


   
                                       


  Courtney:   Mid 20s


1. My relationship with the Lord comes first in my life.  He has and continues to do "immeasurably more than all I could ask or imagine" and I am so thankful for His grace!  

2. I am currently teaching Kindergarten at an elementary school in Memphis.  It is definitely challenging at times, but is incredibly rewarding. 

3. My friends and family describe me as caring, passionate, ambitious, fun and outgoing! 

4. I enjoy hanging out with friends, cooking, decorating and watching college football!  I try to get away to the beach in NC with my family as much as I can as well. 

5.  Fun fact about myself: I have lived in 6 states!



1 comment:

  1. Hi! I wrote about my brother, Jamie - he's #132 on the list. He lives and works in Memphis. If Meghan or Emily are interested, please send me an email and I will get them in touch with him!

    ReplyDelete